Saturday, June 14, 2014

Area Minutes - May 2014

GTOASCNA
May 11, 2014

Opened with Prayer
12 Traditions Read
12 concepts Read

ATTENDANCE
Living in the Solution:  Y
No Pain, No Gain:  Y
Hope without Dope:  Y
Another Way:  N
Together We Can:  N
Not High Noon:  Y
Clean Possibilities:  Y
Hope Turns to Faith:  Y
Process of Discovery:  Y
Progress not Perfection:  Y
Hope through Surrender:  Y
God’s Will Candlelight:  Y
Freedom from Self:  Y
Cross Roads:  Y
High on Life:  N
Serenityville:  N
Trust the Process:  Y
Women in NA:  Y

QUORUM ESTABLISHED
Minutes read and approved by Wes R.

RCM REPORT:
May 11, 2014 RCM Report

There is very little to discuss about the Regional Service committee. The only things I can think of mentioning are as follows:
The minutes from the last RSC have not been added to the MRSCNA website yet.
The next RSC will meet on July 19th and 20th at Cedar Lakes in Ripley.
If any member or home group is interested in checking out the minutes from RSC, please keep checking the website—mrscna.org—or let me know and I will talk to the secretary and try and get a copy of the minutes.
Love y’all,

-Nick L., GTO RCM

TREASURER’S REPORT:

GTOASCNA Treasurer’s Report
05-11-14
Activity recorded 04-13-14 through 05-10-14


Regular Account
Beginning Balance           $125.64
Income
04-13-14No Pain, No Gain$10.00
Another Chance to Live$50.00
Not High Noon$20.00
Hope Turns to Faith$20.00
Progress Not Perfection$50.00


Total income $150.00

Expenses
4-13-14Check to Tom M. for Lit. Ck. #471  $41.76
4-13-14Regional Donation Ck. #472$100.00
5-10-14City of Hunt. Foundation for
H&I for Apr and May Ck. #473  $20.00
Total Expenses                                 $161.76
                         
Ending Balance $113.88



Public Relations Reserve
Beginning Balance         $300.00

Income
Total Income$0.00

Expenses
Total Expenses$0.00

Ending Balance $300.00








Prudent Reserve              
Beginning Balance               $100.00

Income
Total Income $0.00

Expenses
Total Expenses $0.00

Ending Balance                                                            $100.00





Activities Reserve         
Beginning Balance                                                      $5.71

Income
Total Income$0.00

Expenses
Total Expenses$0.00

Ending Balance                                             $5.71
                                                               
                                                                             

As of 05-11-14 the total of all 4 accounts is $519.59
Nick L. – ASC Treasurer

ACTIVITIES SUBCOMMITTEE MINUTES:

OPENED WITH PRAYER
12 CONCEPTS READ

ATTENDED SUBCOMMITTEE
JOSH M, BRITTANY O, BO, NICK L, TOM M, TONY T, STEVEN, JASON L.

OLD BUSINESS
WE FINALIZED THE CAMPOUT DETAILS OF SPEAKERS FOR FRIDAY NIGHT AND SATURDAY NIGHT

NEW BUSINESS
WE DISCUSSED HAVING A PICNIC IN AUGUST THERE WERE SEVERAL LOCATIONS DISCUSSED TOM M AND TONY T ARE CHECKING PRICES FOR THESE LOCATIONS,
WE DISCUSSED CALLING IT "UNITY IS A MUST/SPEAKER JAM
THERE WAS A LOT OF WILLINGNESS TO HAVE THIS PICNIC. WE HAVE NOT SET A DATE YET,

LIST OF LOCATIONS:
AD LEWIS
4-H CAMP
FOXFIRE
CAMP ANTHONY WAYNE
BARBOURSVILLE PARK

WE ALSO DISCUSSED NOMINATIONS FOR A NEW SECRETARY FOR ACTIVITTES:
NATE H AND JOSH M WERE NOMINATED IF THERE IS ANY OTHER WILLINGNESS TO BE SECRETARY PLEASE COME TO ACTIVITIES SUBCOMMITTEE NEXT AREASERVICE .

CLOSED SUBCOMMITTEE WITH PRAYER

GRATEFUL TO SERVE:
TONY Y


PR SUBCOMMITTEE MINUTES:

Public Relations Subcommittee Minutes for 5-11-14
Attendance: Sean H. Bo V. Jason L. Brittany O. Steven S. Tom M. Josh M. Nick L.
Twelve concepts read Bo V.
Twelve traditions read Nick L.
Group Reports
Flier distribution Report- A successful flier day was done on April 27th on Marshall University campus.. Contact was made at the Health and fitness center. The next flier day is scheduled for May 25th.
Library Liaison-Addict named Sean. I am glad to announce that contact has been made with the Guyandotte public library and they seem to be on board. Spoke with Priscilla Marten, the manager of the library and she was very into the idea. She showed several spots in the library where our literature could be placed. All n all I believe it went well, grateful to serve Sean H.
Schedule Distribution Reporrt-Hey PR Fam. I did not coordinate a meeting schedule day this month. Looking forward to plan one after convention. Anyone wanting to gain experience in meeting schedule day. Give me a ring.
Grateful to serve
Ryan D
Communication Report-Greetings. Our relationship with our contacts is in good standing. We have nurtured good report with all of them and made some new ones. I will provide a list of all standing current contacts. The time has come to revisit each of them and provide updated schedules. Day Report in Cabellcounty will keep a literature holder stocked up if we provide it. Grateful to serve, Elijah C
Old Business Elijah C. to contact Donna b regarding doing a PR presentation at the next Wayne county community outreach meeting.
Ryan D. will be picking up the new schedule holder  when they do the next schedule distribution.
Tom reported that the NA signs are on the buses not sure how many buses have them and is going to get more information for next subcommittee
Matt Boggs  gave information on upcoming Pig Roast on May 3rd at the healing place and requested some attendance from members as well as an opportunity to put up our NA display with information during this event as well as other upcoming events.
Loved Ones group requested a second meeting if there is willingness.
subcommittee will receive more information from Joe regarding progress on bus sign in the metro area.
New business
 We are still awaiting information on scheduling a PR presentation for the Community meeting in Wayne County.
Bo V. will shadow Tasha W. and Ryan D. on the next schedule and flier day to gain experience to do a flier and schedule day in Louisa.
The new loved Ones group started and is going well.
Bus signs are still not on all the buses Tom. M to check and see why they are not and if there is something we can do.
Deeidra G to follow-up with Michelle Purdue at CCSAP.
 Jason L expressed willingness to be Web-servant one or two.aswell as Tilly E. from Louisa.
Subcommittee took nominations for PR positions PR chair- Ryan D., Secretary- Rachael N. and Ali S., Schedule Distribution- Tanner W., Communication- Jessica C.,  Webservant 1 & 2- Jason L. and Tilley E., Library Liaison- Kristine S. and Josh M. Flier Distribution- Steven S. and Tasha W,
Subcommittee is requesting home group bring nominations to next subcommittee if they have members with willingness.
Motion to adjourn
closed meeting with group hug and prayer
Grateful to serve Deeidra G.


H AND I SUBCOMMITTEE MINUTES:

Hospitals and Institutions 5-9-14
Attendance: Carrie G. Nick L. Nick C. Brandi Steven S. Sergio Sean H. Kayla M. Tyler M. Amber B. Tom F.Dave Ali S. Brittany O.
Twelve traditions read- Nick L.
Twelve concepts read- Ali S.
Group Reports
RiverparkHello family all is well from riverpark 3west. All meetings except april 30 had clients available to open with. I'd like to extend a token of appreciation to the variety of members that have helped carry the message to the still suffering addicts. I would also like to thank dalmas c for taking in the meeting on 5-14-14 as I will be out of town.
Always grateful to be of service
Ryan D

Hello from Riverpark adolescent 3N our panel is doing great. Every other week sharing the narcotics anonymous message. My regular panel members are Jenny h n Micky n Jayme b who are always available n on time. Thank you. Our adolescents are extremely involved in sharing n working the NA program. Thank you for this opportunity Brittany O.

Greetings from Riverpark Longterm, The meeting is going well. Willingness is great from members in the fellowship. The meeting continues to begin late due to issues with staff getting clients in on time. The meeting ends on time. The message of NA is being shared. Grateful to serve Deeidra G.

All is well with the River Park Adult Short Term meeting.  The facility has requested that we not come in on Memorial Day due to their programming.  This will be Bo’s week.  We will coordinate coverage.  We are also going to have a new point of contact.  April has accepted a job at Oasis Behavioral Health so she will be leaving River Park.  She did say that they still want us to attend.  We will just have a new point of contact within 4West
 Grateful to Serve, Paul M
Pinecrest
Greetings from Pinecrest the meeting is going well. The doors are being opened and closed on time. Willingness is great from both men and women. The message of NA is being shared.
Grateful to serve Sean H
Greetings. The Thursday night hni panel at Pinecrest has been going great. The message is being carried and we are starting and ending on time. We usually have between 20 & 30 addicts attending and I have not experienced any problems finding members willing to go. Thank you sincerely for the opportunity to be a panel leader. Grateful to serve, Elijah C
Pressley Ridge
Our Monday night 7:00PM male H&I panel at Pressley Ridge is operating smoothly as usual. Willingness among our panel members is high and we successfully enter and exit together and on time. The clients are open and honest with us as well and they seem genuinely pleased with our presence. They tell us they're more comfortable at outside meetings as a result. Our message of hope is clearly being carried into this facility. I'm proud to have had this experience as panel leader and I consider it a privilege to serve alongside you all.
 In Gratitude,
Nick C.
Greetings from Pressley Ridge H N I meeting of NA. All is well, meetings are taking place and going good and recovery is being shared. Thanks to all that support the meeting, show up and share.
Grateful to serve Tyler M.
Old Business 
Pinecrest informed subcommittee that Tuesday and Saturday would be the days for possible HNI meeting.
Subcommittee will discuss Golden girls  for possible HNI  once more information is obtained.
Members to begin announcing  in meetings upcoming elections for new HNI panel leaders at next subcommittee.
New Business
Discuss issue with panel leader Michelle L. at pressley ridgesubcommitte voted all in favor to remove her due to being unable to fulfill her commitment. Carrie G. agreed to carry the meeting in until next months elections.
Mon May 19th will be the last meeting of the homegroup Hope without Dope they will be moving to the Scott Center on 8thave. Pinecrest will be changing their curriculum still requesting another H N I meeting. Subcommittee tabled issue to discuss at later date.
Subcommittee still needs contact information from Golden GirlsGrouphome who have expressed interest in H N I meeting.
Tyler M. expressed the need for help carrying the meeting at Pressley Ridge due to a change in his work schedule.
 Subcommittee made nominations for new panel leader 
Pinecrest- Sean H. & Elijah C, Pressley Ridge- Carrie G. Jenny H. Riverpark Longterm- Brittany O. Deeidra G. Pressley RidgeMens- Nick C. Sean H. Riverpark Shorterm 3W- Ryan D.Riverpark Adult - Bo V.
Nominations were also made for Subcommittee positions Chair- Amber B. Deeidra G, Vice-Chair- Nick C. Secretary- Carrie G.
Requested members to check and see if any other members have willingness to be panel members and bring the information back to subcommittee for elections next month.
The Next H & I workshop will be at the campout on June 21st.
Sean H. expressed willingness to take in the new Pinecrestmeeting on Sat. subcommittee will discuss next month.
Motion to adjourn meeting
Closed with group hug and prayer
Grateful to serve Deeidra G.


GROUP REPORTS:

We are still bringing recovery despite continuing average attendance of 70.  We will be open next Saturday courtesy of Paul I.  We have picked the addict to receive the convention sponsorship.  Our needs are met, rent paid etc.  We have a $50 donation to area.  Thank you for letting us serve, Trust the Process.  We nominate Terri M for Treasurer.


Greetings from Clean Possibilities homegroup of NA.  Everything is well, the doors are opened on time, coffee is out and the literature is on the table.  Attendance is around 20-30 members weekly.  The lifesaving message of Narcotics Anonymous is being carried.  We do not have any donation for area at this time.  Grateful to serve, Ryan B.


Greetings from the Living in the Solution Group of Narcotics Anonymous.  We’ve had an average attendance of 20 addicts per meeting.  We’ve had some issues with the facility contact opening the door.  2 meetings have been held outside.  We are working as a group to resolve this issue.  Any suggestions for a new meeting facility would be greatly appreciated.  The literature is stocked and the message is being carried.  We have a forty dollar for area donation.  We have no nominations for the area positions.  In loving service, Art G.


Hello from another chance to live group. Meetings have been going well literature to be purchased at convention to replenish our stock. Coffee is hot. The message is being carried and shared from and through our members.our homegroup has voted to sponsor and send 2 newcomers to convention. Josh m and John c. We have a 1 year celebration on June 13th. We have no donation for area at this time.
Grateful for life in recovery and to serve the fellowship
Ryan D

All is well at the Hope Without Dope group of Narcotics Anonymous. The doors are open on time, literature is on the table, and the life-saving message of Narcotics Anonymous is being carried. We have 60-70 in attendance every Wednesday and Sunday. We have no donation to area this month. Grateful to serve, Jason L.



Greetings from hope turns to faith. The meeting is starting on time, the coffee is hot, liditature is on the table. The life savingmessage of NA is being carried. We have an average of 50-60 addicts at each meeting. Sorry to announce we will not be donating anything this month. We would like to welcome 2 newhomegroup members Brandon G, Thomas H. Out nominations are Tom F for chair, Brian C for vice chair, Nick L treasurer & RCM, Tom M RCM alt, Deeidra G for secretary


Good day I say from the not high noon group! Our meeting is doing great. We'd like to welcome our newest homegroupmember John C. Our doors are open on time, literature is available and the message is shared. Also like to thank Tasha wfor.sharing her lead. We have no donation at this time I forgot it. Grateful to serve Britt o

Greetings from Progress Not Perfection homegroup of NA! The coffee is being brewed literature stocked and message of recovery being carried to the addict! We have a hg member; Nick C; celebrating 2 yrs cleantime on June 4th with possible speaker to be announced at a later time. We have no donation to area at this time.     
                Grateful to serve. 
                     Steven S


Greetings from the crossroads group of narcotics anonymous. Things are going great. The doors are open on time, literature is on the table,  coffee is hot and the life saving message is being carried. We are averaging 15 people a week. At this time we have no donation for the area.  Grateful to serve Tanner W.


Greetings from the Hope through Surrender home group of Narcotics anonymous.  Everything is going well.  Our home group’s recovery meeting takes place every week as scheduled.  The rent is payed, there is literature available and the message of recovery is being shared.  Our average attendance is 15 members per meeting.  We have no donation for the ASC this month.  Grateful to serve, Hope through Surrender.



GODS WILL CANDLE LIGHT MEETING

May 2014

Greetings, all is well with the Gods Will Candlelight Meeting of Narcotics Anonymous with the doors open on time each week, coffee made, literature on display and the life saving message of recovery being shared. Our attendance averages 25 to 45 per week and we have a speaker on the third Thursday of each month. We would like to thank Terri M in April for sharing her experience, strength and hope our May speaker was Jason P on May 15th. Our groups vote for treasurer alt was Terri M, we would like to welcome a new home group Ali S and we have no donation to area at this time.

Grateful to serve, Thomas F


OLD BUSINESS:
****Nominations will be taken at ASC next month on May 11, 2014. (2nd Sun of May!)  Please bring nominations fromhomegroups for the area positions.  A list of positions with the requirements was handed out by Tom M.  They are also listed in the area policy on www.gtoana.org.  We will vote in June.
MOTIONS:
Motion to refund Tom M $41.76.
Motion by Tom F to send $100 to region.  Second by Brittany O. All for.

NEW BUSINESS:

Nominations for Area Positions:
ASC Chair:  Tom F.
ASC vice Chair:  Elijah C.*Nick L., Tony T.
ASC Secretary:  Deeidra G.*, Nick L
ASC Treasurer:  Terri M., Nick L.
ASC Treasurer Alt:  Elijah C*, Sean H
RCM:  Nick L
RCM Alt:  Brittany O., Tom M., Nick L.
PR Chair:  Ryan D.*Deeidra G.*
H and I Chair:  Deeidra G*, Amber B*
*Means nominee must submit a service resume to be considered.

Donation to the Regional Committee $113.88.
11 for, 3 against, 1 abstaining.
Motion passed.

There was also a request by the Another Look home group of Narcotics Anonymous to join the GTO area.  The recovery meeting takes place at Pathways in Ashland, KY from 6:00 to 7:00 PM.


OPEN FORUM:
Tom F will be unable to attend the ASC meeting in June.
Saturday, May 31 NA Dance (for details see: korascna.org)
June 15th , We All Belong / Grateful Olympics.

CLOSED WITH PRAYER