GREATER THAN OURSELVES AREA INVENTORY MINUTES
JUNE 5, 2016
Opened with Serenity Prayer
Progress Not Perfection, Choose to Live, Against All Odds, Hope thru Surrender, A New Day,
Trust The Process, Another Way, Clean Possibilities
How well has the area served local groups this year?
1. How well does the area communicate with local groups? Scored 3- Discussion of what we would like to see in the future involved more timely distribution of minutes, full detail minutes(when discussions of pros/cons of motions, ideas, etc)
2. How well does the area respond to the needs of local groups? Scored 3
3. How well is the area managing its donation and area treasury? Scored 2- Would like to see more paying it forward/upward with donations to support other bodies of service.
4. How effectively does the area demonstrate responsibility and accountability?
Scored 2- Education/Training of all participants is much needed across the board.
5. How fully does the area train and support members who serve on the area service committee? Scored 2- Possibility of scheduling training right after officer elections. Learning days for all service positions.
6. How well does the area service committee foster an atmosphere of courtesy and mutual respect? Scored 2- Time restraints put a restriction on allowing for the amount of discussion wanted by members. Training, Training, Training. Roberts Rules of Order could be adopted/integrated to suit our needs while keeping to agenda.
7. How completely does the area provide opportunities for communication about committee concerns to the local members and groups? Scored 3- Concept 9. Communication and mutual respect. Line of communication between groups and the ASC—possibly a blog, chat room, etc.
8. How well is a sense of unity fostered within the area service body? Scored 2-Negative talk and attitudes when announcing and discussing ASC. Feeding the “rumor mill”.
9. How positively is a sense of unity shown within local groups? Scored 4- Unity within local groups seems to be strong. Would benefit from having an Outreach Subcommittee?
10. What is the area’s experience with trusted servants? Scored 3- Mostly positive. Majority of negative experiences involve lack of training/knowledge/experience.
11. How well has the area fostered the willingness of the local fellowship to volunteer for service positions? Scored 3- This goes back to the negative talk/image portrayed and the actions of a couple vs. the bigger picture of the unity that is fostered when we work together instead of “competing”.
12. How well does the area practice continuity and rotation? Scored 3- Continuity not so well with the lack of order set in precedence. Rotation, lacking in activities subcommittee but the rest seems to be very good.
13. How well does the area function in maintaining a full complement of trusted servants, with no open commitments? Scored 3- Fairly well. Appointing those without willingness or experience can sometimes cause more issues than allowing it to work itself out.
14. How fully does the area create an environment where the conscience of the body guides the decisions and direction of the area? Scored 2- Changes are taking place to make the policy better suited to meet the needs of the groups as we are growing tremendously and the old policy is not as up to date as it needs to be for a larger body. Policy subcommittee was formed and has updated a lot of the motions that were already voted on but never added/updated/removed from the document.
How well has the area done this year in making NA’s message more widely known in the larger community?
15. How well is the area communicating with those in the community who interact with addicts? Scored 4
16. How completely does the area respond to the needs of the larger community?
17. How well is the area using human and financial resources to carry NA’s message of recovery in an efficient and effective way? Scored 4
18. How fully trained and supported are the trusted servants who interact with members of the community? Scored 3
19. How well has the area built cooperative relationships with those in the larger community? Scored 3
20. How easily can those in the larger community reach an NA member who is in a position to respond to their questions or requests? Scored 3- Would like to see the panel members/chair/vice-chair have better contact/communication with our facilities where H&I is done. This is something we lost site of at some point in time and action is being taken in the subcommittee to get it back to the “norm”.
How well has the area cooperated and collaborated with the region and NA World Services this year?
21. How effectively does the area communicate with the region and with NA World Services? Scored 2- More follow up would be nice as in communication between service bodies.
22. How well does the area respond to requests from the region and from NA World Services? How fully does the area share its needs and concerns with the region and NA World Services? Scored 2
23. How reliably does the area forward funds to the region and/or NA World Services?
Scored 2- Lacking tremendously due to the negative attitudes presented toward other bodies or service. We can work on this by doing our research and seeing all of the services provided by region and World to carry the message to those less fortunate than us in this area.
24. How effectively does the area use resources (such as written materials or experience from other trusted servants) that are available through the region and/or NA World Services? Scored 2
25. How fully has the area formed a cooperative relationship with the region and NA World Services? Scored 2- This relationship was formed at one point but we have lacked in maintaining it. Involved, committed, experienced individuals needed.
26. How well is the area creating a sense of unity with the region and NA World Services? Scored 2- Not very.
Is there any particular area of service and/or area function that you perceive is outstanding? Please identify: PR, H&I
Is there any particular area of service and/or area function that you perceive would need improvement? Please identify: Funding, Communication, Dishonesty with spending, Time management.